Welcome to St. Mary Parish
Our Catholic faith is a gift from God and we are called to be an active disciple in the Church.
Our parish, under the Patronage of Our Blessed Mother, is a reminder of her special intercession for us. Our Parish is a family of believers called by God, united in Jesus Christ in the Eucharist, led by the Holy Spirit and in Communion with the Saints and Angels. We invite each member of our family to take an active role in the ministries of the parish.
Father Michael Zuelch
Parish Mission Statement
“We, the members of St. Mary’s Parish of St. Clair, Michigan,
worship and grow together in faith,
minister to all and share the Good News of Jesus Christ.”
St. Mary’s Parish is over 150 years old. It was established in 1853 and is located in the north region of the Archdiocese of Detroit. We are part of the Blue Water Vicariate. St. Mary’s is a parish that encompasses 55 square miles with a Catholic population of over 1200 families. St. Mary’s ministers to River District Hospital, Medilodge of St. Clair, Palmer Park Manor, River Bend Assisted Living and Mallard’s Landing (senior citizen residences) and supports the work of the St. Clair Ecumenical Food Pantry and the St. Vincent de Paul Society. We have a parochial school (Preschool through Grade 8) and we offer religion classes to students from the first through the twelfth grade for those attending public schools. We also maintain St. Mary’s Cemetery.